Thursday, May 07, 2009

you are amazing, God!!

backdated post

sun, jul 9, 2006

you are amazing God!
God, you are amazingly!!! seriously amazing. to be honest, I was kinda inspired the day after reading "The Prayer of Jabez", and I was praying that "Lord, enlarge my territory, give me more ministry, put more people in my life that I can evangelize to". if my memory doesnt fail me, i believe prayed this prayer on a tuesday night (after lapsing for a few nights,haha).

so, on wednesday, I had the opportunity of "enlarging God's territory" by telling Tyen, one of the temp staff that was helping us out for a particular event this week. The friday before, we were conversing about some religion thingy. she said something like this, "You into Jesus or some Godly stuff rite?", haha, I seriously wanted to laugh out loud but thankfully I didnt. So I said, yea, I am a catholic and I go to a church in ang mo kio called christ the king. so, the conversation abt religion and all the church thingy ended there. And I was quite irritated with myself for didnt taking the opportunity to tell her more.

But anyway, having just gotten "the prayer of Jabez", i prayed it that night and asked for more opportunities to evangelise and more courage to tell ppl abt Jesus. back to the story, on wednesday 5 July, I got the opportunity to have lunch alone with the temp girl Tyen, coz Sylvia (one of the full time staff in the company took the other temp girl out).

i thought, this it is. i am gonna say whatever I wanna say. but then again, being as indecisive and not very good with words, i am quite afraid to broach the topic on religion:Jesus. so i was asking, Lord teach me a word or two, put something in my mind so that I can say to her.

then I blurted out the qn, "what's your religion?". Haha, she looked kinda stunned, then after re-diverting the topic again and again, she finally said, "I dont believe in one God, I believe there is a supreme being out there but its not just limited to THE ONE", which set me thinking.

she asked my religion so I said Catholic, then she questioned about the differences in protestants and catholics, and particurlarly she mentioned "Why are there so many types of christianity(catholic, christian, anglican, blah blah), why cant it be just one main religion since you all believe in Jesus. Oh man, when she said it, I was taken back!!! Trying to hide my ignorance on the initial breakaway of the Protestants from the catholic church, I was listening to her recount her so called bad experiences when she was younger and she din like having told that "If you dont believe in Jesus, you are going to hell!", that kinda stuff.

upon reflection...we are all fallen creatures, this world is a fallen world. although man is made in the image and likeness of God, we are far from perfect.

we still sin time after time again, get tangled in some politics at work, backstabbing sometimes, slandering, gossiping, all the kinda ungodly stuff.
and because of man's imperfection does such differences arise, that caused the breakaway from the Catholic church. nevertheless, we are all God's people and the best remedy to show the world we are God's people is to unite ourselves in love. As St Paul says it,

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. - 1 Pet 4:8

"Lord Jesus, we love because you first loved us (1 Jn4:19), thank you for this immense love that you have lavished on us, may you continue to perfect us in your love through our actions and service to others and you"

The Prayer of Jabez

"Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh that Thou would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!' And God granted him that which he requested." 1 Chron 4:10

-fool 23-

No comments:

Post a Comment