Wednesday, May 27, 2009

wise words from my sis' blog

written on tues, may 12, 2009
During dinner my dad "pulled my ear today", in a joking manner of course. he was evidently in a very good mood.I brushed it away gently, it felt weird , like is it common? that we can never be the way we used to be, the kisses on the cheeks, the hugs, and etc. like I would'nt even think of it now.
He said "Come back never call daddy mummy, eat first", in dialect and he went on about how he used to call his parents and pour tea all, for the 50cents he'll receive or something. hahaha.
I cant believe I still laugh at this kind of stuff even though I've heard it like a few times alr.
I guess my brain is engineered in a way such that I truly believe that"my dad is the funniest person on earth." I really cant imagine life without my dad. I pretty sure that I will fall into some serious depression if that day ever comes. Saddening.


i just wanted to share how cute i think my sis was....stole this from her blog..shhh..hahaa

dearest sis, i echo your sentiments exactly...how i wish (in my heart secretly) that we will put aside all asian norms and embrace one another with such affection, like what our friends in the west do... kisses on the cheek, slap on the back (for boys) and long hugs, heart to heart talk w parents...
if there's one thing i admire from them, its d ability to be real... not that we are not being ourselves & geunine... but to not be shy in front of our parents... yea...
so when i become a parent (one day!), ill make sure my lil girl or boy kiss the breathe out of me even when they are 2 or 22...haha, yea!

some pics of my dear sis... she's a natural charmer (it runs in the fam!)


thank you God for the gift of my dear sis n parents....
i love you mom and dad, help me God to love them even more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment